Saturday, August 22, 2009

WELCOME!!!

Welcome to the world of visual culture!!! I'm going to assume that you're visiting because you've were invited to investigate, or found on your own, my Visual Culture Art Education Wiki that I created as my masters project at The Ohio State University. Well...while I call it a 'wiki', it's basically a reflection of my first year teaching more in line with visual culture, and less in line with Discipline Based Art Education which focus on the elements and principles of art and design. In any case, the 'wiki' is personal, and therefore can only be edited by myself, which is why I've created the blog!
I want to begin conversations, dialogue, and communciation about visual culture, specifically with art teachers. I'm wondering how you might use visual culture in your own classrooms, and if you felt any portion of the wiki was informative or helpful to you? Of course, those are some very large questions, and you may not have had a chance to look thru the whole wiki yet...which is totally okay. Because we'll take small steps to get to these questions and see what happens.
If you haven't visited the wiki yet, take a peek at http://www.visualcultureae.com If you can't get in yet, no worries. It'll be open to the public soon. I suppose it's likey you stumbled onto the blog before the wiki. No worries...all will be worked out soon.
Anyway...welcome to the world of visual culture art education. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment