Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back to OSU

It's been some time since I've updated the VCAE blog, and honestly...it's my own fault. The start of this school year was pretty hectic, learning that I had to travel between two school for the first semester, and my co-directoral duties of the school musical (which includes set design and construction). Anyway...I think it's finally time to get this ball rolling.

I've been invited to speak to some art ed undergrads at OSU this week, and in the process of doing so will be unveiling the wiki to an audience other than my friends and advisors. That said...I hope to also have the wiki 'open for business' to anyone who happens to stumble upon it. So, as these great opportunities begin to open their doors to me, I'm going to dedicate myself to updating this blog with some thoughts, ponderings, and musings regarding visual culture art education. I'm hoping through the wiki and/or blog I can open up some dialogue between a group of art educators who are looking to immerse themselves in visual culture, or are just wondering what it is. Anyway...it's late...and I just wanted to get that out there. So...OSU...here I come again. I'll post an update next weekend and let you know how it went, and maybe some insight as to how this generation of future art educators sees our profession.

-dug!

No comments:

Post a Comment