Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thanks, OSU!

Before another 'rant' about assessment in the visual arts, I'd like to thank Dr. Kevin Tavin and his great group of art ed undergrad students at The Ohio State University for having me down this past Thursday to speak with them about visual culture, and my experience with it. I hope that I was able to relieve at least a little of the tension you might be experiencing as you begin to dive into the world of teaching art. Some of your questions have gotten me thinking as well, especially on the value of our Ohio state standards in the visual arts, and their 'importance' and/or their 'insignificance'. I've committed some thoughts to paper, so maybe it'll be something I address here on the 'ol VCAE blog, and you can feel free to vent as well.

Again, thanks for having me down. You know how to reach me if you have any further questions. I'll be back mid-week for the second part of my assessment in the visual arts rant.

-dug!

No comments:

Post a Comment